Nov 5, 2006

First Massage in India

This weekend I stayed low-key in Hyderabad taking care of a bad cough. To lift my spirits I treated myself to a massage at Latitudes Spa, same facility I have a gym membership to. It was a nice massage, however nothing compared to the massages I'd get from Kathryn back home (yes I miss you Kathryn!) I got the signature massage (full body deep relaxation massage) and instead of lotion she used olive oil which was new. It was the first time I received a head massage as part of the package, I felt like she was washing my hair! After the massage she led me to a steam room for 10 minutes and that really helped open my pores. I finished my pampering with a honey and ginger tea. Total cost was around $35USD including tip, which is much cheaper than spa massages back home. Next time I'm going to try the Thai massage which my roomate Suzie raves about, she's had it twice and claims its the best massage she's ever had!