Nov 25, 2006

Hyderabad Half Marathon!

If you look closely it says "Mr. Charise"

Pretty cool T-shirt for registering

Today I ran the Hyderabad Half Marathon, 2:00hrs flat. It was a fun race, started at 6:00am, beginning at Necklace road to Charminar and back. There were no timing chips or offical clocks so I went based on my own stopwatch. Only 15 women ran the half along with about 300 guys, and an estimated 10,000 ran the 10k. A lot of people were running barefoot, in trousers, sandals, socks, jeans, not sure why or how they did it! I got a certificate of acheivement and a medal. I wish my support group from home was there to cheer me on, it would have been nice to see friendly faces at the finish line. I didn't get any pictures of myself running but there were a lot taken during the race. Hopefully I'll appear front page of the Hindu Times :)

Here's the map for the Half Marathon loop