Oct 10, 2006

Fabindia

Indian Sari

Black kurta and long wrap skirt from Fabindia

Okay, so I've been shopping. And I've been buying some Indian wear, but its cute, I promise! There is this place called Fabindia where a lot of coworkers and expats shop for authentic Indian wear. What is Indian wear? Women wear saris everywhere: to work, to eat, to shop, to work out. It is a long piece of beautiful fabric that circles around the waist and loops back around the shoulder. Saris can be worn in many different ways depending on personal or traditional style. I may buy one to wear to the Holiday party or if I'm invited to a wedding, haha! Women (and men) also wear kurtas which is like a long dress/tunic, over matching pants. The style is similar to leggings and dresses although its much more simple with little stitching involved. Basic cotton is popular to endure the heat that prevails all year long. At Fabindia I bought a black kurta, two long skirts and some pants!