Oct 10, 2006

First Outside Run



This morning I had my first outside run. There is this park called KBR National Park which is about 5km away from my apartment. Most national parks do not allow visitors so I feel lucky to run in and around it. Inside is a beautiful jungle/forest area but I didn't go inside. Circling the park is a walk/runway area. According to my driver he said it was a 10km loop, which is basically 6.2 miles. I didn't run the whole thing (I know I'm getting weak) but it was a super good workout! There were stairs and hills; I'm sure feeling the burn in my legs today. A lot of people were up early walking and running, and a handful were wearing authentic Indian wear like saris and kurtas. Some were even barefoot and this one guy smoked me in slippers. I don't know how they do it! For info on KBR National Park click here.