Oct 3, 2006

Two Day Travel to India

Pedestrians in Little India

Hyd airport arrival terminal

I flew for almost 20+ hours on Wednesday (27th) night but it essentially took two full days because I gained a day traveling. I met this really nice woman who sat next to me throughout my entire departure flight, her name is Swetha. She was traveling for business to Calcutta and is originally from India. It was nice talking to her, she gave me good suggestions on how to survive the food and surroundings. We chatted after sleeping for 9 hours and arrived first in Hong Kong, then flew another 3 hours to Singapore (there are pictures of the HK airport on the photo link below.)

I had a 9 hour layover in Singapore, the Singapore airport is THE BEST! They have all designer stores like Gucci and lots of cool little tech shops. I had a lot of time to kill so I took a free bus tour around the city. It was a Cultural Tour that ventured around Chinatown, Little India, the Financial District and Malay Village. Above is a picture of people walking across the street in the Financial District. After that I went to work out at a gym where you can pay by the hour. It cost me less than 7 dollars to work out and take a shower which was nice because I felt dirty from flying for nearly 15 hours.

At 8:30pm Singapore time, I jumped on a plane to Hyderabad! The only bothersome thing about the flight was they sprayed lysol in the vents when we landed! It was rather disgusting. I arrived at the airport and Anna (my friend here) and a driver came to pick me up. The picture above is of the Hyd airport. We then went back to the apartment which is super big, I'll show pictures soon.

Picture Link:
Click Me