Oct 7, 2006

Only in India (2)

Only in India do you see jeans being sold out of the back of a hatchback

The law says that you must wear helmets when riding on a motorcycle or scooter. 99% of the population don't, just like this guy.

Traffic Jam in Central Hyderabad. Yes this is real.

This weekend I hung out in Hyderabad, which was nice since I went on vacation last week and will be traveling a lot this month. I had dinner at this place called Exotica on Friday night, they served Chinese and Indian food. I found out again that you can never avoid spicy food in India, even if you explicitly ask for it to be non-spicy. You have to learn that everything is spicy, regardless of the menu description. All of us were trying to cool off our mouths with beer and plain naan (which is like plain bread.)

Picture Link:
Click Me

Saturday I went to Yoga with Stacy and Anna. It's fun doing yoga in the country it originated from. We then ventured off on a huge shopping spree, picked up some cute gifts and things for my room. We also visited a pearl shop and bought some earrings; Hyderabad is known for its pearls so they have a wide selection all around town. On the way to different places, I captured more "Only in India" sightings. Check out the pictures above.